Thursday, November 7, 2013

happiness and treats

4. you can go home... perfect your language, go please every missionary or member who you weren't able to get through to... you can have the best number record left behind you... but you cannot get back being happy.

I have to admit, I struggled with this at the beginning of my mission... not that I like to admit that or anything. But man, missionary work is hard! You can't help but feel like you could've done MORE every night when you go to sleep. Often times, I prayed to know that was I was doing was enough... that I was doing all that I could. Once I understood what true missionary work was all about, I was able to let go of those fears and worries and just do my thing. And I was happy. I was happy with my work, I was happy with my studies, I was happy with my companion. Happy is a key word to a successful mission.


(ps. this was a huge mistake! 90 degrees outside and 90% humidity... and then having to wear a sweater all day? not smart.)


5. Treat yourself. Everyday. Whether it be a scoop of ice cream, a nice shower, or jammin out to the hymns before bed (or jumping on the bed... we've done that too) everyday. DO IT.

AMEN. TO. THAT. I should leave it at that... but I won't. Because my saving grace during my mission happened to be McDonalds or Taco Bell every single p-day. Yes, I chose to treat myself with fatty, non healthy foods once a week. And yes, I loved it. My weekly diet coke was seriously a life saver. I'm not sure if it was the extra dose of caffiene that helped me throughout the week, but I don't even care. I needed that. And so will you. Maybe not caffiene. Or french fries. Or a bean and cheese burrito. But everyone needs a treat. So make sure that when you "forget yourself and get to work" that you take a treat or two along the way.

(the "colossal" breakfast... which the owner told us it was free if we ate the whole thing. and I'm a little embarassed to say I did. however, my companion did not... which meant that we did pay for our breakfast. shooooot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment