Monday, November 25, 2013

Have some fun :)

9. Work as if everything depends on you... because it does. But when the day is over, be finished with it. NO REGRETS.

I feel like I've touched on this already... but I seriously can't stress this enough. Just like Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Forget yourself and get to work." That's what we are out there to do. We're there to work, to serve, to love. And if you go to bed every night completely exhausted and when you finish your prayers, you truly feel like you've done everything you could possibly do that day, then that's all that matters.


(Hay... from the field!!! ha ha get it??! ...sad missionary humor)

10. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

I've touched on this too... but I really did struggle with this. And after a few weeks of feeling like a "robot" I had had enough. I was seriously comtemplating going home because how could I really feel good about what I was doing for 18 months not having fun? Once I realized that I needed to be myself and I needed to have a little fun, it seriously made all the difference in the world. It kind of goes along with this post, because everyone needs a little pick-me-up now and then... so do it. As long as you're being obedient, have a little fun :)

(preaching to anyone who will listen)

Well, there ya have it. This was seriously so much fun being able to reminisce about my time as a missionary. Maybe more fun for me then for all of you, ha! Anyway... I hope you're all excited because my final posts from Europe are coming up next! Come back soon, okay?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment